Muskegon Alcohol Liability Initiative (ALI)Visit our website
It’s good to have an ally.
The Muskegon Alcohol Liability Initiative’s (ALI) mission is to reduce underage drinking and alcohol-related injuries in Muskegon County by teaming up with law enforcement and leading education efforts. Muskegon ALI works with the entire community to achieve their goals. This includes policy makers, educational organizations, alcohol vendors, parents, and community youth.
Muskegon Alcohol Liabilities Initiative Activities
In an effort to reduce alcohol-related injuries among youth and young adults in Muskegon County, Muskegon ALI actively coordinates and engages in the following underage drinking prevention and education activities:
- Provide law enforcement prevention support for area school districts at area events such as proms and party “hot spots”
- Distribute information to all area school districts regarding alcohol use and consequences of underage drinking – FACE THE BOOK.
- Distribute alcohol retailer education packets annually to 300 Muskegon area alcohol retailers.
- Provide low-cost Responsible Beverage Education to several area retailers & Volunteer Beverage Server education.
- Conduct annual compliance checks to area retailers
- Conduct high-visibility alcohol enforcement in Muskegon County.
- Host Michigan Liquor Control Commission board members and officials at several Vendor Education Events.
- Conduct data analysis and gathering to better inform efforts and policies, such as surveys, for convicted drivers, students, and retail establishments.
Muskegon ALI Community Partners
- Mercy Health
- Muskegon County
- Muskegon Community Health Project
- Muskegon County Sheriff’s Department
- Muskegon Area Intermediate School District (MAISD)
- Muskegon Police Department
- Muskegon Township Police Department
- North Muskegon Police Department
- Norton Shores Police Department
- Public Health Muskegon County
- Roosevelt Park Police Department
- TIPS – Rochelle Richmond
- Safe Kids
- Tyler Sales